Monthly Archives: May 2013

…More Land Rover Quips ! The best 4 X 4 on Tar !

They say 90% of all Land Rovers manufactured are still on the road. The other 10% have reached their destination. All Land Rovers are like women – they moan on long journeys, embarrass you in front of friends and cost … Continue reading

Posted in Humour | Leave a comment

…a Snippet and a Poem or two from Percy Fitzpatrick during his Barberton Days

A “Barbertonian” is a special sort of person who sees himself as a member of a close-knit clan. The other members of this clan are people who live, or used to live in the finest place in South Africa, if … Continue reading

Posted in Jock of the Bushveld | Leave a comment

Welcome to the Slowveld !

The SLOWVELD is only 4 hours of comfortable and easy travelling away from Gauteng on the N4 Highway. Relax comfortably and let us take all the travel strain. Why not gather a group of friends or family together and embark … Continue reading

Posted in Sabie Newsletter, Tourism | Leave a comment

Celebrity World Class Driver in Sabie for the Sasol Rally

The name Malcolm Wilson may not be on everyone’s mind, but for one Lowvelder, Hulley Booth, the memory of spending a few moments with a Ford racing legend and owner of M-Sport will remain with him for time immemorial. Malcolm … Continue reading

Posted in Sabie Newsletter | Leave a comment